Atavism Unity Beta 2.1 Changelogs
- Currencies have been added to the game to allow the buying and selling of items and other objects. Currencies can be set up in the Atavism Unity Editor.
- A currency prefab (from the Resources/Content/Currencies folder) can be dragged into the Inventory component on the Scripts object (found in Atavism Objects) to be displayed as a Main currency. The current amount of the main currency is displayed at the bottom of the first inventory bag.
- Merchant Tables can be set up in the Atavism Unity Editor. Add as many items as you want to be sold by a merchant.
- Add a Merchant Table to a mob when you are spawning it.
- Click on a mob with a merchant table to see what they have for sale.
Note for developers: Type: /getCurrency # #
replacing the first # with the currency id (1 for gold) and the second # for how much you want to get some currency.
In-Game Player World Building
- World building has been added to the game. It uses the Claim system like the AtVoxel system and can be accessed by clicking on the new 4th button in the toolbar in the top right of the screen when in game.
- New Item Effect has been added called ClaimObject. Items of this type can have a GameObject (from the Resources folder) added as a property and can be placed in a player claim after pressing Place Object in the Claim UI and then clicking on the object in their inventory.
- The LoginController has been updated to include support for registering (the LoginController is used for NGUI and other non-standard UI systems).
- The spawn position of new characters has been changed to be read from the Player Character Setup plugin. The spawn position for instances is still used for traveling between instances.
To update your existing Atavism game without losing all of the content you have created, follow the instructions below.
Copy these files into your server, replacing the existing ones:
Source the update_commands2_1.sql file found in sql/updates.
Import the AtavismUnity_V2_1_Test.unitypackage, click None, then check the following files:
- All files in AtavismObjects/Scripts/UI Components (beware you may lose some UI changes if you had made some)
- the AtavismObjects/Other folder and files.
- The whole AtavismUnity folder
- Resources/Content/Currencies folder and files.
- Standard Assets/Atavism Core/AtavismCore.dll