Atavism Unity Beta 2.2 Changelogs
Update 2.2 is an incremental update with no new major features, but instead has many important fixes and minor improvements.
Due to the changes in the stat system installing this update will require the wiping of your core database. To do this, you source the install.sql file. This does not require a wiping of the world_content database, however there is an update script that needs to be run.
Minor Changes / Improvements
Log Management – Optimization
- A new Logger system has been added into the Atavism Core to allow management of logs. This was added to fix the slowdowns games were experiencing when too many logs were being written. The level of logging can be managed in the Login scene by clicking on the Atavism Core object.
- By setting logging level to Warning or Error any slowdowns in combat or mob loading will be greatly reduced.
- Players are now able to swim and fly with the management of the follow_terrain and movement_state properties opened up. Swimming is not fully supported as it currently only allows the setting of one water height (good for oceans, but not for rivers and lakes). Proper water zone management will be added in a future release.
- The effect of gravity on a player/mob can be controlled by altering the follow_terrain property. One built in example is the /fly command allowing admin users to fly around their world.
- Updated Damage and Restore Effects to use the list of vitality stats for their Damage/Restore property rather than the hard coded health/mana.
- Renamed Heal Effects to Restore Effects to better represent what they are used for (Restoring any vitality stat).
- Added Shift-Reverse code to allow Vitality stats to go into reverse mode when its requirements aren’t met (such as breathing).
- Added attack_speed stat to control the delay between auto-attacks.
- Loading in prefabs and other resources no longer require being in the Assets/Resources folder but still need to be inside a Resources folder somewhere in the project. This allows developers to better define the locations of assets in there game.
- For example, a mob prefab could now be in the Assets/Resources/Mobs/Beasts/ folder or in Assets/Mobs/Resources/Beasts (or anywhere else, as long as there is a resources folder somewhere in the path).
- Developers who are using the Atavism from the Unity store will no longer encounter issues with new mobs etc. due to this fix.
Population Control – Instancing
- Worlds (Instances) can now have population limits set. When a player logs into a full instance a new copy of the instance is created and the player is inserted into that new instance.
- An Instance with a population limit of -1 can have unlimited users (to the server limit – currently unknown).
- Added a new Flat Damage Effect which ignores all other variables and applies exactly the damage specified.
- Implemented the hitRange property allowing mobs to attack from different ranges based on their setting. This is set in the Mobs Plugin in the Atavism Editor.
- Snapping has been added to the World Building system. It snaps to the nearest half meter distance on the x/z axes.
- Currency items have been added which get converted into a currency on pickup. This allows the looting of currency from mobs.
- Additional Markers can now be added to an Instance in the Instance plugin. By adding a marker with a new name, developers can teleport around their island by typing /goto <marker_name>
- The client will now disconnect and return to the Login Scene when it has not received a message from the server for 20 seconds.
- Claim objects are now stored relative to the claim rather than actual world coordinates.
- Tooltips have been added to a new UI Script which allows the controlling of their ui-depth. This fixes the issue where they were being drawn behind other UI.
- Item Stats are now displayed on the item tooltips.
- The issue where players sometimes weren’t seeing other players has been fixed (hooray!).
- The issue where the server would require a restart after a few hours of inactivity has been resolved. The exact length the server can stay running while unused has not been determined yet, but it is at minimum 24 hours.
- Fixed an issue with character template creation that was preventing new templates being created.
- Fixed an issue where making new stats wasn’t going to the edit screen upon successful creation.
- Fixed an issue where mobs and players were spawning at the wrong position (MobController3D)
- Fixed an issue where the rotation of objects added to claims was being loaded wrong on the client.
- Fixed a bug that was causing chat to sometimes not work in the client.
- Fixed an issue where a merchant table wouldn’t be sent to the player if the NPC also had a chat dialogue and no other interactions.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a skill to stop leveling when it has no stat set in one of the stat properties.
- Fixed an issue that would cause combat to freeze due to Result Effects. These weren’t being used in the current state (need to be redesigned) so have been temporarily removed.
- Removed the ability learned requirement for auto attack abilities.
- Fixed an issue where the jump animation stopped playing (in the legacy animation system).
- Fixed an issue where if a claim object’s collider was on a child it wouldn’t be selectable.
- Fixed the issue where players and Mobs were colliding.
- Fixed an issue where the action bar may sometimes not populate when changing instances.
- The Atavism editor now scrolls back to the top when entering the Mob Loot window.
- Fixed an issue where you could not visit a child dialogue by clicking the Edit Dialogue button in the parent.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong Quest ID for the Quest Prereq setting to be saved to the database.
- Fixed an issue with the Atavism Editor where newly created Dialogues, Factions, Effects and possibly other items weren’t selectable right after creating them.
- Fixed an issue with StatEffects where the stat was not being returned to normal upon logout (this resulted in the stat being left permanently modified, such as always running faster).
2.2 Update Instructions
Download the updated server file and extract the files.
The following files need to be copied into your existing server directory:
Source only the update_commands2_1_1.sql and install.sql files. Note: You may get an error when running the update commands SQL file saying column ‘Mana’ doesn’t exist. If you get this, it can be ignored.
Download the AtavismUnity 2.2 Update.
Delete the AtavismUnity folder in your project assets.
Import in the following files:
- AtavismObjects/Scripts/UI Components/ActionBar.cs
- AtavismObjects/Scripts/UI Components/BagBar.cs
- AtavismObjects/Scripts/UI Components/Character.cs
- AtavismObjects/Scripts/UI Components/CraftingGrid.cs
- AtavismObjects/Scripts/UI Components/MerchantUI.cs
- AtavismObjects/Scripts/UI Components/Tooltips.cs
- AtavismObjects/Scripts/UI Components/WorldBuilderUI.cs
- The whole AtavismUnity folder and files.
A new Tooltips script has been added which will need to be added to the UI prefab located in the AtavismObjects folder. Set the UI Layer setting to 2.